The Sutter Home

Thursday, January 29, 2009

My Pink Bandana


Hello. Some of you may remember me (although I doubt it). My name is Sidney. I'm the cute puppy that used to appear regularly on this blog, until about six weeks ago. That is when a series of events was set in motion that led to me having to wear this stupid, itchy pink bandana.

It all started when a small, mostly hairless, and sometimes loud creature called Addy came home with my owners. I'd previously been introduced to similar creatures at various times in the last year and a half here, but they only stayed for a few hours at a time. This one doesn't seem to be leaving anytime soon.

Back to my bandana. It all started at about 3am when Addy awoke as usual crying and carrying on because she was hungry and had soiled herself. Those are things I learned very quickly as a young pup were not OK until morning. I'm not sure how she gets away with it every time, but I digress. They fed her and changed her and were getting her jammies back on when I heard her poop again. My owners waited a couple of minutes and she pooped yet again. They waited a couple of more minutes until they decided she had to be done.

Amanda got up and went to use the bathroom and Adam went to change Addy's diaper. Adam was very careful as usual to put a clean diaper under Addy before he took the old one off, just in case. After removing the barely dirty diaper, Adam reached for a wipe... Before I go on, I must explain that Addy's changing pad is on the dresser next to the wall. My bed is on the floor next to the dresser, and there is a recliner on the other side... Adam reached for a wipe and folded down the front of Addy's diaper to clean her up. Just then, i heard a loud "pssfffftttt" and felt a warm, liquidy, smelly substance land on my head, my back, my paw and my bed.

Now, Adam will try to tell you he got the worst of it because he got it all over his hand, his forearm and his shirt, and on top of that she peed on his hand and then pooped again within a matter of seconds of the original deed. He somehow feels that him having to stand there with bodily fluids dripping from his arm and hand while he held up Addy's legs and waited for Amanda to come out of the bathroom was worse that being woken up because you were pooped on! I have fur, you can't just wipe poop off of fur, it gets all caught up in there and hangs with you for a while.

Next thing I know they had taken my bed away to "clean" it and I had to sleep on a couple of towels on the floor. The following night when Adam got home from work he took me to be groomed. They gave me a bath, brushed me, clipped my nails and cleaned out my ears. When they were done, they put this stupid pink bandana on me and sent me home. Now, just because everything pink around here seems to be "cute" these days, they've made me wear this stupid, itchy bandana all week.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go crawl under another bed and whine until someone comes to find me and take me outside. It's the only way I can get any attention around here anymore. Although, I have half a mind to see if they would laugh as hard about me pooping on the carpet as they did when the baby shot hers at least four feet clearing the dresser and covering your's truely. If you know Adam and Amanda's phone number or e-mail, will you please contact them and ask them to take this thing off of me!

3 Comments:

  • Poor dog.

    By Blogger michael, At 9:08 PM  

  • That picture reminds me of Big Al's Animal Farm from South Park. I omitted one word from the title...

    By Blogger Eric, At 2:06 AM  

  • I think it is cute! Leave it on!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, At 4:56 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home